I just can't seem to find anything quite like what Artplay was trying to achieve! Somewhere just as focused on art as it was the RP, and the flexibility and freedom to have numerous genres and plots going at the same time. And the drawn-style RP was fantastic, the activities were also a lot of fun.
- Emphasize a multiple-genre environment by enlisting "Genre Leaders". These are moderators that will be in charge of those genres, which responsibilities may include recruitment, designing activities, plots, and more! This will help ensure that there is equal treatment to all genre themes, which will make it more difficult for one theme to completely dominate.
- Continue extensive emphasis on characters and their development as a community of artists/writers. Create opportunities to encourage creators to explore their potential both as writers and designers by promoting engaging and fun activities. Also, more collaboration!
- Contests/challenges and rewards!
- Remove the restriction that all RP must be drawn. I want to create an environment where drawn RP and written RP may coexist, or maybe even collaborate!
- Consider whether or not the concept of Artplay can exist solely on DeviantART, or whether using a forum host is superior/preferred.
- Recruitment was challenging due to Artplay being mostly off DeviantART, and the added restriction of being pretty much only drawn rp. I want to find a solution to these problems to increase traffic and interest!